Freelance Product Designer
Angel Ong — Company based in Ooosh for Startups Unit 803, 8/F, Lai Cheong Factory Building, 479 Castle Peak Rd, Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
You are a skilled UX and UI designer. You have 5+ years of experience designing and building B2B software and visual web applications with a consumer end-user. You have shipped design for a product used by millions of people. You have a strong user-centered approach when making design decisions, and you back those decisions with user research. You’re excited to face complex, technical problems and turn them into delightful moments for customers. You are able to quickly build up an understanding of all experiences and touchpoints that go into delivering value to our customers and you help your product teams with product roadmap planning and prioritization.
You are a skilled researcher. You enjoy learning from customers, and you’re comfortable scheduling, participating, and facilitating time with them regularly to clarify or validate assumptions. You communicate what you learn with your team, and work with them to prioritize and iterate on solutions.
You leverage quantitative data. You look for areas to make an impact and continuously work to build up a solid understanding of business needs. You draw connections between team goals and company goals to help impact specific company metrics. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects.
You have experience being a great visual designer and also great skills in interaction design particularly for web applications.
You're a skilled written communicator. Remo is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to communicate design thinking, rationale, findings, and next steps to other designers, product managers, engineers, and the full Remo team.
You're a champion for doing things efficiently. At Remo, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
A Product Designer’s Role at Remo
Remo is a small, fast-paced company, so you'll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
· Lead the creation of delightful user-centered experiences by adhering to established design patterns and helping to build upon and deliver improvements to existing patterns.
· Conduct user research and synthesize results and communicate findings to your product teams.
· Champion and teach others UX best practices to ensure we’re all making informed design decisions together.
· Help drive towards the goals of your product teams and understand how the team’s goals connect to the company goals and impact company metrics.
· Lead discussions on UX/UI problems, and present alternative solutions to problems based on your understanding of user needs and business needs.
· Request feedback from Design Team members, assigned product team members, and other teammates around Remo through asynchronous or synchronous communication.
· Collaborate and share work early and often. Create clickable prototypes or provide links to assets with your teams for feedback and to conduct usability testing.
· Prioritize your design workload based on a clear understanding of the product team and company goals.
· Deliver high quality, complete designs, and specifications for large, complex projects alongside PMs and engineers.
How to apply
Kindly send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org