aware3 — Company based in Remote & Kansas City
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
The aware3 development team works in an agile environment, often releasing updates multiple times per day. Our company moves quickly on all fronts. We keep meetings and design cycles short. If you love a friendly & supportive team who is always questioning the limitations, we’re your team.
The lucky new team member should have a focus on writing readable and testable code. We don’t give bonus points for writing code in the fewest number of lines. Stars are earned when another team member can easily hop in and understand code; gold stars for test coverage. PR’s and pair programming are a part of daily life. We strive for a balanced Agile methodology. You can read much more on our perspectives on all this in our Tapas Teamwork blog post.
- Implement end-to-end solutions from database to frontend with concise, efficient, testable code.
- Explore and recommend solutions to the team that help our systems function in a scalable and cost-effective manner.
- Support teammates and end users with code fixes and day-to-day interactions.
- Be responsible for the code that you write, including writing tests, patching holes and building supports as load grows.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively.
- Experience modern in PHP development.
- Ability to communicate well with other team members, clients and end users.
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS ECS, and CodePipeline.
- An appreciation for standing desks and multiple monitors.
- Experience with Kanban or Scrum.
- An interest in Human-Centered Design and UX excellence.
Our Tools & Technologies
- PHP, MySQL, Vue, Knockout, Redis & RabbitMQ.
- AWS (ECS, SNS, SQS, Aurora, Route53, ECS, & more).
- Codeception, PHPunit, Selenium, and Karma.
- Twilio, Sendgrid, Firebase, and more. We embrace new tech and best practices frequently.
- As many Laravel subtree splits as we can reasonably work in over time.
Salary will be dependent on experience. Standard compensation package includes 401k and insurance.
We believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Our growing, dedicated team works both remotely and in an open environment in our Kansas City, Missouri office. This full time position is available for both local and remote candidates. Remote candidates need to be located +/- 2hrs to America/Chicago time zone. We have a casual work environment with a collaborative and supportive team dynamic.
No recruiters, staffing firms, or contractors, please.
We help non-profits connect with their communities via technology. Currently still a small team, but we must be doing something right, because we're growing.
How to apply
Please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/aware3/08ea8349-d0cb-42c7-b8bb-922c203c2d91?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=RemotelyAwesome