Senior Web Developer
aware3 — Company based in Remote & Kansas City
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
The aware3 development team works in an agile, fast-paced environment, often releasing updates multiple times per day. Developers are part of the end-to-end design process, and often are required to design and implement solutions across a wide variety of topics. If you enjoy the design cycle taking six months and the requirements process droning on in endless meetings, aware3 is a bad fit for you; we move extremely quickly on all fronts and development is no exception.
The lucky new team member should have a focus on writing readable and testable code. We don’t give bonus points for writing code in the fewest number of lines. Stars are earned when another team member can easily hop in and understand code; gold stars for test coverage. PR’s and pair programming are a part of daily life. We strive for a sustainable Agile methodology.
- Gather and analyze user requirements from the team and architect solutions from them.
- Implement end-to-end solutions from database to frontend with concise, efficient, testable code.
- Explore and recommend solutions to the team that help our systems function in a scalable and cost-effective manner.
- Support teammates and end users with code fixes and day-to-day interactions.
- Own your house. Be responsible for the walls that you build, including writing tests, patching holes and building supports as load grows.
- At least 5 years of senior-level PHP web development.
- Comfort with server-side Linux management.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies.
- Ability to work with strong independence on end-to-end projects.
- Ability to interface with other team members, clients and end users.
- PHP, MySQL, Vue, Knockout, Redis & RabbitMQ.
- AWS (SNS, SQS, Aurora, Route53, ECS, & more).
- Codeception, PHPunit, Selenium, and Karma.
- Twilio, Sendgrid, Firebase, and more. We embrace new tech and best practices frequently.
- As many Laravel subtree splits as we can reasonably work in over time.
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS ECS, and CodePipeline.
- An appreciation for standing desks and multiple monitors.
- Experience with Kanban.
- An interest in Human-Centered Design and UX excellence.
Salary will be dependent on experience and extremely competitive for the right candidate. Standard benefits package includes 401k and health insurance.
Our small, dedicated team works in a fun, open environment in our Kansas City, Missouri office. The position is available for both local and remote candidates.
We help non-profits connect with their communities via technology. Currently still a small team, but we must be doing something right, because we're growing.
How to apply
Please upload your resume and cover letter here: https://a3a.me/686c5