Axios — Company based in Anywhere
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring a Data Engineer!
Why it Matters: We are a data hungry organization with incredibly interesting problems to solve. Our team is looking for a new member interested in building solutions to problems in an intelligent and nuanced way.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Work closely with data team members as well as business, product, and audience teams to design and build data-forward solutions
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail, ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to learn new technologies and comfortable prioritizing multiple projects at once
- Strong Python, SQL and Bash programming skills; other object oriented programming skills are a plus
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts, relational algebra and set theory
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets.
- Ability to automate end-to-end production data pipelines using automation technologies in cloud server environments capable of processing and storing data quickly and reliably; experience with Amazon Web Services analytics and ETL tools a plus
- Experience building and maintain dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence tools
- Experienced and comfortable spinning up cloud infrastructure services, architecting analytics infrastructure
- Ability to perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
How to apply