Visual Journalist, Editorial Design
Axios — Company based in Anywhere
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring a Visual Journalist, Editorial Design.
Why it Matters: You will help shape the visual look of Axios on a day-to-day basis, using editorial illustration and photo judgement.
Go Deeper: The Visuals team is part of a larger interdisciplinary design team that is embedded within the newsroom — we take the lead on everything from charts and interactives to illustrations and custom story design.
The Details: We all benefit from helping each other work smarter, faster. We want to delight our readers every single time they visit us. We’re looking for the following skillset:
- Fast learner with an ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Passion for thinking intellectually and abstractly on a broad range of news topics
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, mainly Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Good eye for what makes a photo interesting, and how the right photo can put a unique angle on a news item
- Experience with 3-D modeling is a plus
- Past experience in the media industry is a plus
- Basic understanding of Processing, openFrameworks and other ways to employ parametric design is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Learning and development stipend