Support & Integrations Engineer (Ruby)
Baremetrics — Company based in Remote
Job Type: Full-time
As a Support & Integrations Engineer, your focus will be on helping customers debug issues with their connection to Baremetrics, improving our integrations with external data providers, and improving overall product quality.
As Baremetrics has grown, so have the number of support requests we get and we're finding ourselves in need of a dedicated support engineer to handle these. Your work will have a direct impact on our ability to convert new trials into paying customers.
- Excited about working directly with customers on bug reports & issues and consistently shipping gradual improvements to Baremetrics as a whole
- Solid programming skills in Ruby and excellent knowledge of advanced SQL
- Basic web development skills (HTML, CSS, JS — we use Vue.js)
- You've worked on complex backend systems before, ideally in the analytics space
- Your code comes fully tested, you've thought about the edge-cases and security implications
- Experience working with 3rd-party APIs and the patience to discover all the little undocumented caveats
- Strong bias for simplicity
- Self-motivated to spot ways to improve what you're producing without relying on others to do so
- Can communicate effectively and work with a remote team easily
- Ruby, Rails, RSpec
- Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Lots of third-party APIs (Stripe, Braintree, Recurly, Chargebee, iTunes Connect, Google Play store & more)
Baremetrics is a business analytics & insights company. We provide the tools and data businesses need to make solid business decisions.
Founded in 2013, we're working hard to help businesses spend less time crunching numbers and looking at spreadsheets and instead give them instant access to metrics and business insights that they need to run their businesses.
We're not some flash-in-the-pan startup...we're five years old, profitable, doing over $1M in revenue and growing. Nearly 1,000 business from all over the world trust us to help them grow their businesses.
We're looking for folks who like to solve problems and build a business and product that people genuinely love to interact with.
Read about working at Baremetrics: https://baremetrics.com/about
Job Perks: Work from anywhere (we're 100% remote) Minimum vacation policy Competitive salary Bonus structure Flexible work hours Full health, vision & dental insurance for you and your family Annual company meetups Kindle Paperwhite + Unlimited Books Monthly "remote stipend" that you can use for anything