Software Engineer & Architect
BigChange Apps Ltd
Looking for a New Challenge?
Want to work for a Growing Business?
Do you have the Experience and Knowledge we are looking for?
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage deadlines that are set by Chief Technology Officer.
- Monitoring of systems and alerts to identify significant trends and issues
- Bring new ideas and best practice on the design, architectural and software development of the service.
- Inspire, mentor and encourage colleagues to apply intelligently customised industry best practice.
- Reviews designs, and software written by other developers for quality, best practice and architectural integrity.
- Play a large part in the Continuous Integration Environment
- Plan & build architecture to cater for growth
- Help develop the team to refactor legacy code in more modern patterns
- Participate in Scrum meetings and lab calls
- Ability to write clear and concise system architectural documentation and summary diagrams
- Develop, communicate and maintain a road map of the architectural developments
- Monitor and review product and technology developments in the industry and present new ideas to BigChange
- Liaise and communicate to other departments such as Product Development, Testing and Customer-Specific software development teams to add value to their roles.
- Comply with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering (supporting the introduction of ISO27001)
- Provide top class service to our customers
- Provide training support to other members of the company and be a brand ambassador to BigChange.
- 10 years + experience in a similar environment (Essential)
- Experience as a software developer (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of C# & .Net (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and NoSql technology (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience in Machine Learning (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in Serverless (Essential)
- Experience in SaaS development (Essential)
Your Skills and Interests:
- Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience in one of their core areas of technical delivery
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- You’ll show a good understanding of how to put together software
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike.
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
- Ability to work individually as well as a team with a adaptable and flexible approach to work
- You will have hands-on experience in System Software Development
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
- Upto £80,000 p/a - depending on experience
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- Over 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 3% employee)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Annual eye test reimbursement
- Free massage in the office
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Office or home-based
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer