Cryptocurrency Exchange Senior Backend Developer with Node.js [Remote]
Bitfinex — Company based in London, UK
Join the team accelerating the financial evolution
Bitfinex is on a mission to create the most innovative and industry-leading cryptocurrency trading platform.
Our team is built from many enthusiastic individuals who each hold an ownership mentality. That means that no one is waiting to be told what to do. Each member is a self-starter who is highly motivated. To put it another way, when we’re not working, we dream about work. While each member is motivated and self-starting, we are also a group who will not put our individual egos before the best interests of the team.
Our team is globally distributed, so clear communication is critical. We are in constant contact as we hustle to develop, support, and deliver the best platform possible for our users. Our goal is to find more hard-working, skilled people who will be excited to join us on this journey.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and have a disposition of confidence towards challenging technical feats, we want to talk to you.
- Work towards improving test automation framework and maintaining scalable data sets
- Develop and contribute to long-term technical solutions and strategies of the engineering department
- Assisting with delivering high-quality code to a huge client base
- Identifying and recording bugs, verifying fixes
- Leverage monitoring and reporting tools to provide quality metrics
- Assisting development team by reproducing issues
What we need
We’re currently looking for a Senior Back-end Developer to join our team. The position is remote and available to anyone self-driven, and with the experience, motivation and capacity to contribute to our vision.
Self-motivation is essential for all our team members. No one on the team will micro-manage you. We are looking for team members who are comfortable using their initiative and seeing it through to completion. You will be part of a dynamic, fast paced team, and have the chance to shape the direction of Bitfinex as we grow.
- Knowledge and experience with microservices architecture
- Ability to performance optimise code
- Experience with blockchain integration
- Comfortable with high-availability concepts
- Have actively participated in the development of a sophisticated platform as one of the leading developers
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Other technologies of interest: Message queues (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ), Job Queues
To learn more about us, please visit Bitfinex and check out our documentation.
Please see the relevant descriptions, and email email@example.com with your github profile, CV, and cover letter if you see a match.