Engineering Manager, remote-friendly (UK)
Click Travel Ltd — Company based in Birmingham, UK
Salary band: £45k - £60k
As an Engineering Manager, and general cloud-based technologist, you know there's no such thing as "it works on my machine". If you are an inclusive leader, enable the best from others, and adapt your approach from experience of good and bad situations, we have a job opportunity for you 😀.
What you’ll do
- Develop and grow your colleagues, and work deeply with them to achieve their potential.
- Enable and support others to work on the software that powers the Click Travel platform by reviewing pull requests, ensuring quality, and leading others towards outcomes.
- Identify meaningful metrics that tell you how your software is performing and how it adds value to the business.
- Continuously improve your people management, engineering knowledge and leadership and collaboration skills.
- Evangelise and spread your DevOps and Cloud Engineering mentality and knowledge to your colleagues, and beyond Engineering.
- Look out for and design ways to improve our development processes and efficiencies, driving improvement across Engineering.
How you'll be doing it
- You're part of an agile, multidisciplinary team (or teams). You bring your unique skills and leverage them when collaborating with others to accomplish goals.
- You lead by example, engaging and bringing those around you along with you.
- You support, enable and mentor the engineers around you.
- You adapt your approach for each individual, and every situation.
- You give others opportunities to shine, never holding it for yourself.
- You support the team to prioritise work, weighing both the business and technical value, often leading towards outcomes.
- You engage all parts of the business, working with other teams, balancing cost and delivering user value.
- You experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time - with one thing at a time.
- You use data available to determine the best approach.
- You constantly ensure code is running in production as early as is responsibly possible.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way.
- You don’t ignore the lessons learned, however - even those learned by others.
- Customer focused - all of the time.
- You learn from your experiences, and can demonstrate your knowledge.
- You know and understand the challenges of distributed cloud systems.
- You have working knowledge with Node.js, or similar, and other AWS serverless friendly technologies such as Lambda and DynamoDB.
- You want to work with services that span from user-facing services, to the foundations that run them.
- You have expertise interacting with datastores.
- You find ways to communicate within your team and Engineering.
- You are an agile manager.
- You bring out the best in the people around you.
What we can offer you
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success.
Exceptional product, exceptional benefits - We know that happy people, create happy customers. We’re proud to support our employees with an amazing range of perks and benefits, including:
- Be heard - Everyone has the opportunity to go out for lunch with the senior leadership team of the company to chat about things and learn about our vision and future.
- Give back 1% time - Every employee is encouraged to donate 1% of their working time to the community.
- Enjoy the fun - From Summer and Christmas parties to themed office days and online games, we ensure that your hard work is balanced out with a bit of fun.
- Work flexibly - We manage our employees by output, so you can work in a way that balances with your life.
- Discounted travel - Access to substantially discounted hotel rates, air and train tickets.
- Perfect pick-me-ups - Free snacks and drinks in the office every day.
That’s just a sneak peak, you can find out about the full list of benefits we offer on our website.
What we require from you
- Located in UK
- Eligible to work in UK
You have the option of choosing to work in our Birmingham UK office, or remotely within UK.
Protecting and using your personal data responsibly is very important to us. To find out what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or any that we may collect about you please read our Privacy Statement