Software Engineer II - Mill Toolpaths
CNC Software, Inc — Company based in Tolland, CT
At CNC Software, Inc., our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, developed and supported by our talented team, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with twenty-five percent of our team working from their home office in United States as well as in offices in Switzerland and China. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
As a privately held, family-owned business, our culture is shaped by our concern and care for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader [on-site fitness center, walking paths, employee gardens, bicycle shop, kitchen facilities] which are supported by geothermal heating/cooling and solar arrays which power the majority of our utility consumption. As a Top Workplace, [#1 Mid-size Company 2018 http://www.courant.com/business/top-workplaces/hartford], our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the family-friendly values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then CNC may just be the place you have been looking for.
CNC Software is looking for a Software Engineer to join our mill toolpath development team. This team develops, maintains and improves algorithms to efficiently drive milling machines as they cut out precision parts.
This role will focus on the foundation of our toolpath development – our math libraries. You’ll start out by improving, consolidating, and expanding our existing libraries. From there, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and apply these libraries in one of the most impactful areas of our product – our toolpath generation code. You’ll be able to bring a wide range of skills to bear on interesting mathematical problems involving large sets of data.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a gifted mathematician with a love of solving complex problems and an innate hatred of inefficiency. You have a knack for crafting algorithms to wring the most performance out of hardware. You have a drive to constantly improve your software development skills, and will have a passion for clean, well-written code. In addition to strong development skills, you’ll be a proactive self-starter who can communicate well with both technical and non-technical coworkers.
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience building commercial software in either C# or C++
- You have a strong understanding of object-oriented development
- You are comfortable with standard software development practices such as source control, peer reviews, and unit testing
- You have a strong handle on linear algebra and computational geometry
- You are familiar with iterative computational techniques, such as the conjugant gradient method
- You can clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical coworkers
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
It’s a plus if:
- You’ve worked in an agile (Scrum, Kanban) software development environment before
- You have experience with CNC machining
- You have experience writing multithreaded applications
- You’re familiar with C++ design patterns and the C++ standard library
- You have experience with computational physics
- You have knowledge of 3 axis machining algorithms for roughing and finishing (ex. axial and radial cutter projection, geodesic, pencil, and adaptive algorithms)
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.