Senior Front-end Engineer (React.js, Next.js)
DealTracker — Company based in Remote
via We Work Remotely
Here's to the crazy ones. The hackers. The doers. The curious geeks in a world of corporate zombies...
On top of the salary, you'll get generous stock options, performance-based bonuses, and annual profit share, as well as extensive training and mentoring, BUT…
You must be a perfectionist — you're simply too passionate about your work to call something "done" when it's not near perfect yet!
Do you remember how "Monica" from F.R.I.E.N.D.S was obsessed with the little details? Now, imagine if she became a front-end engineer somehow… Do you think this is you?
Okay, we want to hire you if you:
- have rock-solid skills in building SPAs and PWAs using React.js and redux
- have experience with SSR technologies and Next.js specifically
- have a good understanding of reactive programming, as well as modern trends in JS
- can build mobile apps using React Native
- can turn design system mockups to pixel-perfect code with attention to detail
- know your HTML5 and CSS
- know how to deliver a fully-responsive experience across different devices
- care about loading speed and on-page SEO best practices
Extra points for:
- experience with SVG animation
- contributions to open source projects
- UX design knowledge
- a rudimentary knowledge of Python/Django
- knowledge of Swiss Design and other abstract influences
- being a fan of Pink Floyd
On top of that, you...
- are passionate about making a difference in an early-stage startup with a kickass product
- like hacking pet projects, just for fun and kudos
- can work in a fully-remote environment and embrace asynchronous communication
- document and test your code, and are familiar with continuous delivery
- are familiar with Agile methodologies
Your typical day at DealTracker
You will be working in a small team of A-players, reporting directly to our Tech Lead and our CEO. You'll be taking the lead on the front-end side of things. We built a proof of concept using React/redux. You'll be working on turning it into a proper PWA.
So, on a typical day, you will:
- build and scale new features on the front-end
- improve and fix existing functionality
- take care of your personal staging environment
- work closely with backend, helping to define the APIs
- participate in the design and architecture of new features
- If you know React Native, you could also take part in building our mobile app
So, what will we build together?
DealTracker is a real-time deal aggregator that collects deals from all the major online retailers in the US and ranks them based on factors like current and historical prices across different stores, product reviews, brand reputation, etc.
It's also a social platform for curated shopping, where people can create shareable product collections in a Pinterest-like fashion. They can also follow their favorite brands and product categories for personalized deal discovery.
We didn't launch the product yet, but you can demo our old PoC here to get an idea. [NOT PUBLIC - Please, don't share it]
Are you the real deal? Let's talk!
If you can build kickass PWAs with Silicon Valley standards and want to join a team of A-player hackers, now is the time to apply...
It only takes a few minutes. We would love to hear about your experience and the coolest projects you contributed to. A resume is not required, we'd rather see your code.
Our process is fast and you'll know our final decision within a week. We are also very flexible on timezones. This job should fit nicely with your typical workday if you're from Europe, North America, or MEA.
To apply: https://airtable.com/shrJ7sYIS8YphAZ8l