Echo360 — Company based in Reston, VA
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
You’ll be joining a small and talented group of engineers building out Echo360’s web platform and applications. As a Software Engineer on the Active Learning Platform team, you will work on products from inception, through development, and ultimately to testing and release. Being a relatively small team, you will have the freedom and opportunity to help direct the shape and evolution of our technical architecture.
At Echo360 we are developing a culture and set of core values designed to enable our engineers to build the best technology possible. We value productivity over process, but never at the expense of quality. We obsess over code quality, test coverage, and peer review. These methods allow Echo360 to develop industry leading solutions while competing with companies that have much larger engineering teams.
We’re looking for talented engineers with the ability to work on multiple layers within a system. A healthy obsession for scalability and data processing problems doesn’t hurt. Flexibility and willingness to work on various aspects of a feature and with various technologies is a must.
We all have opinions on how to improve education…..help come make these ideas a reality. At Echo360, the products you develop will help millions of students at hundreds of colleges and universities across the world.
Location: Preferably, the Software Engineer will be located in the Alpharetta, GA office, but we are open to considering remote candidates (East Coast preferred).
Reports to: Principal Software Architect, Team Lead
- Build infrastructure to manage curriculums across hundreds of schools
- Develop scalable systems that can manage millions of concurrent students watching millions of hours of lecture content
- Help maintain the backbone of the Echo360 platform that keeps our various services in sync and working together
- Actively and productively contribute to the full Agile process
- Stay current with relevant technologies
- Build high-quality deliverables (code, test, hardware, schemas) quickly with minimal direction
- Think creatively and lead the resolution of problems facing the team
The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer position at Echo360 will have/be:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Experience with React
- 3-7 years related professional experience in software engineering
- Experience with Scala and AWS data services is a plus
- A passion for building scalable and performant web systems
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- A Well-organized self-starter
Echo360 offers exceptional benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and three (3) weeks of paid vacation plus floating and personal holidays and sick days.
Echo360 is the smarter video platform for education. We are the first video platform designed to foster active, engaged, and personalized video-based learning.
How to apply
Submit your application here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1114662507/?pathWildcard=1114662507&trk=mcm