Developer Community Advocate, Latin America
Elastic — Company based in Mountain View, CA
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
For all of us at Elastic, community matters. Our users and contributors have helped to ensure that Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats are more than just code — they are open source projects that people love to use, and love to talk about! As our Developer Community Advocate you will champion our Elastic community.
What You Will Be Doing:
Are you that kind of person who is invigorated by sharing juicy technology goodness with the world? Do you feel at home connecting with the community members: in person, on blogs, in forums, via social channels, and at events? Is presenting at local meetups your jam and are you passionate about the Elastic Stack?
Well, this might just be your dream job.
As a Community Advocate at Elastic, you will wake up each morning eager to design and deliver presentations at a wide-variety of events from customer meetings, meetups, tradeshows, and other events to help showcase technology. You will do this while traveling the world, representing Elastic. Maintaining the trust of our community, as well as the respect and trust within the team, is foundational.
For this role, you will be our voice and representation in Latin America. Our target location is Brazil.
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience as a software developer (mandatory)
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling content including speaking engagements, blog posts, demos, messaging, etc.
- You are comfortable presenting, whether it's at a local meetup or to the office of a C-suite member
- Familiarity with, and real passion for, the Elastic Stack
- Comfort working with a highly distributed team
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Fluency in Portuguese
For consideration, your CV needs to be in English. Things We'd Be Stoked to See on Your CV:
- Conversations in person, on blogs, in forums, via social channels, at events give you energy and you have a proven publication history to show that
- Experience working for a startup or an early stage company
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Other languages (including Spanish)
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms and dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.