Senior Solutions Architect
Entando — Company based in Cagliari, Italy
Entando is hiring Senior Solution Architects to join our growing Professional Services team in the US. In this role, you will guide our customers towards successful implementation of Entando’s UX Innovation Platform. We are searching for individuals with a background in software application development, client-facing consultancy, product training, and pre-sales engineering.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing and developing modern, cloud-native web applications and distributed architectures for large enterprise customers. The candidate will also facilitate interactions with customers, pre-sales, and management on a regular basis. This role is characterized by the need for substantial technical and operative experience as well as commercial savviness.
The Solutions Architect will act as consulting evangelist who can provide product knowledge to differentiate Entando solutions and to ensure the successful implementation of Entando at enterprise scale. As a position of technical and professional influence, the Senior Solutions Architect will operate at the leading edge of technology to meet complex customer needs from sales through implementations. This will include the creation of complex statements of work, work breakdown structures, and staffing plans. The SA will also maintain knowledge of competition and external factors that may influence Entando’s competitive position.
Service Delivery & Training (40%)
- Create, and deliver to, implementation roadmaps or delivery plans that are supported by Entando/industry best practices and that align to defined business outcomes
- Lead execution of Entando's packaged consultancy engagements (e.g., discovery, roadmap, migration support etc.)
- Review system designs to select appropriate technology, ensure efficient use of resources and ensure integration of multiple systems and technologies
- Coach, mentor & guide peers and provide technical leadership to others
- Delivery of Entando training
Services Pre-Sales (40%)
- Provide strategic support for Entando global pre-sales organization
- Work with account teams to help position services and provide advice on architecture/design that drive opportunities for expansion and adoption of Entando
- Conduct pre-sales workshops to capture customer requirements, translate into proposed solutions and communicate delivery strategy
- Write Statements of Work, work breakdowns and staffing plans during the sales cycle
Practice Development & Professional Development (20%)
- Help Entando to develop and refine company-wide best practices including architectural blueprints, deployment patterns, monitoring and alerting disciplines, testing patterns, security and configuration management.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the Entando product and implementation practices
- Perform research into technology partners or other vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration
- Continuously refine skills and knowledge of technology and industry-related practices
- Maintain Entando knowledge sources including Confluence, Wiki, FAQ’s and other resources.
- Help mentor other Entando team members through training, guidance and supervision
- Collaborate with Entando’s Engineering team, Sales team and PS Operations providing customer perspectives as well as documentation as needed
- 8+ years of experience working in a professional services organization or as a consultant
- 3+ years of experience supporting pre-sales activities and building solution content including technical presentations, demos and POCs
- 5+ years of team-lead experience
- Ability to plan, document, and manage multiple enterprise-class projects with minimal supervision
- Extensive knowledge and experience in enterprise architectures and software engineering principles
- Clear vision on of software quality such as testability, maintainability, re-usability, performance and security
- Strong client service orientation with the ability to develop productive customer relationships
- Participate and/or lead department-level planning, stakeholder alignment sessions, strategy development and customer roadmap/implementation planning
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate working POCs and evolve to deployable code with a distributed development team
- Ability to craft and articulate strategic solutions as well as drive the definition and adoption of enterprise reference architectures with established customers
- An understanding of user experience concepts and practices
- Experience developing and supporting high-volume, highly scalable, mission critical enterprise systems.
- Availability to travel up to 80% and/or open to relocation if necessary
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
Required technical skills
- 5+ years of Java Development experience
- 3+ years of experience working with RESTful JSON APIs.
- 3+ years of Spring and Spring Boot experience
- 3+ years of Docker and Kubernetes experience
- 5+ years of experience with agile software development practices.
- Knowledge of SASS
- Hands on experience with both continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) practices and DevOps
- Comfortable with distributed version control (Git and Github).
- Experience with Maven.
- Knowledge of responsive web design techniques / mobile first approach.
- Experience with public and private clouds (AWS, Azure, GCE, etc)
- Experience with microservices architectures and modern application development practices.
- Knowledge of Keycloak.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Openshift
- Experience with Red Hat Middleware
- Experience with JHipster
- Knowledge of web components and/or micro-frontends (microfrontends).