Product Designer for Forks Meal Planner (Part Time OK)
Forks Meal Planner (Forks Over Knives) — Company based in New York
Headquarters: New York
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a design role, designing across both web and mobile (Android and iOS).
- Experience wire-framing and designing in Sketch with an ability to communicate ideas visually
- An ability to problem-solve, anticipate challenges, and propose better ways of building products.
- A self starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to ruthlessly prioritize the highest impact work.
- A track record of solving complex problems on tight time frames.
- Experience translating designs to product requirements and working with the development team to successfully implement the designs (familiarity with project management software like JIRA or Pivotal Tracker a plus)
- Experience working in agile product development
- Strong user experience intuitions, including an ability to discern great UX and empathize with users
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable taking the lead with clients, stakeholders, and remote teams
- A history of taking initiative, self-management, and solving problems without explicit direction
- A true team-player attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to achieve the best results
- Prior experience working in a small startup environment or on product development teams for tech companies
- Lead new feature initiatives
- Partner with engineering and design teams to deliver excellent products on tight timelines
- Work with QA and development teams to ensure designs implemented according to your vision, and rigorously teste
- Draft product requirements and specs, and transfer these into JIRA or similar tools
- Join regular standups and team meetings to ensure company objectives are being met
- Work in sync with customer success teams to prioritize UX issues and adjust designs accordingly.
- Participate in product strategy and tactical planning conversations
- A desire to dive into product metrics, conducting analysis on user behaviors and trends, and translate findings into actionable product enhancements.
- Hands-on experience designing your own products or side projects
- Prior experience working with subscription-based services
- Prior experience working with remote teams
- Prior experience working with analytics tools like Mixpanel, Amplitude or Kissmetrics
- Flexible working hours. The position can be remote, and (within reason) can fit around your schedule
- Enjoyable, rewarding work. The product makes a very real difference to the lives of many
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, kind, and motivated team members
- The ability to directly influence the success of projects and lead the direction of product
- Occasional business trips (e.g., client meetings between Los Angeles and New York)
To apply: To apply for this role, please submit the following to email@example.com 1) A cover letter explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for the position, including any relevant experience. 2) Please include a link to your portfolio, so we can see your design chops in action 👩🎨🎨👨🎨 3) Include a link to 1-2 *live* projects (if possible) that showcase your ability to create a great user experience.