GitHub — Company based in Remote
GitHub.com’s rapid growth and broad attack surface make it an increasingly popular target for malicious hackers, spammers, and fraudsters. Hackers know that we protect the key intellectual property of a massive number of companies and people. Spammers love the many vectors for delivering rich content through the platform: from creating spam on Gists, issue comments, and user profiles to even opening Pull Requests to add “ads” to repositories. Fraudsters seek to profit by abusing GitHub and third-party integrators for monetary gain. This large and varied attack surface gives GitHub a somewhat unique set of problems to solve.
The mission of the Platform Health team is to protect the health, safety, and integrity of the GitHub platform – establishing and preserving trust for the users, communities, integrators, and businesses that rely on GitHub. As a member of GitHub’s Platform Health team you will help develop tools and countermeasures to detect and prevent abuse on GitHub, build integrations between internal and external services, and advise product teams on best practices for making their products more resilient to abuse.
- Writing and reviewing front and back-end code.
- Documenting the systems you help build.
- Encouraging the technical growth of your peers.
- Working with your team to define and prioritize projects.
- Reviewing new products and providing consultation to product teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years experience with either Ruby and Rails OR Node and React.
- Experience with or desire to learn Ruby, Rails, Typescript, Node, React, DevOps.
- Solid knowledge of design principles and web development.
- Experience in analytical fields.
- Experience in stream processing and data pipelines.
- Experience fighting spam, malware, fraud, or attack activity at scale.
- Experience with data visualization.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.