Senior Events Manager / Head of Events
Input Output Hong Kong - "IOHK" — Company based in Remote
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
At IOHK, we are at the forefront of cascading disruption. It’s a big mission and one that can only be achieved with the help of the best people in the industry. We are proud of the diversity that our organization already has. Our company is comprised of people from all around the globe, united in a common goal to achieve our aims of scalability, interoperability, and sustainability of complex systems. We make hiring decisions based on characteristics such as aptitude, attitude, and experience. In this way, we can ensure that our organization’s goals and mission always remain at the forefront and within reach.
As Senior Event Manager, you will own and drive development of event initiatives relating to conferences, exhibitions, sponsorships, meetups, training courses and related partner initiatives. Working across both industry specific and vertical segments, your strategies will add value to widening awareness and adoption of IOHK led blockchain protocols across diverse audiences. The quality of your programmes will deliver brand equity that positions us as a renowned leader in research, design, engineering and development of blockchain / cryptocurrency protocols.
As part of the Global Marketing team, you will work with Product Management, Community teams, Product Marketing, Communications, and executive stakeholders to implement a rolling quarterly events calendar that focuses on three pillars:
- - Community Engagement programmes. Managing and supporting regular
- meetup programmes aligned to company objectives to build awareness,
- desire and engagement of product launches to general updates as well as
- Testnet audiences.
- - External Conferences / Exhibitions / Sponsorship programmes. Managing a
- rolling calendar of events across tiered segments including dedicated
- developer, cryptographic, vertical and generic blockchain audiences. Work
- across teams to identify resource needs and support IOHK participants to
- maximise ROI from attendance.
- - Internal event programmes. Manage and support annual IOHK summit and
- identify ways to include community engagement and participation.
- - Establish standalone, self-financing conferences related to IOHK projects.
The ideal candidate should be willing to travel, have a creative mind, excellent communication skills, strong coordination ability, sharp analytical sense, and can roll up his/her sleeves to get things done. You must be able to work at the strategic level and at the tactical level (optimizing campaigns with merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data and solving problems).
- - Deliver a high-velocity, high-volume global events programme, managing
- multiple stakeholders across different locations.
- - Take ownership of assigned events, including strategy, budgeting, planning,
- scheduling, forecasting, execution and follow-up.
- - Build and manage an events team to support growth across the three events
- - Manage third party event suppliers and partners.
- - Coordinate and manage annual IOHK internal summit including location,
- venue and logistics in concert with HR, Marketing, Finance and Executives.
- - Work closely with IOHK’s Director of Education to deliver quality training
- course venues and programmes..
- - Identify and implement conference billing / turn key solutions for IOHK led
- industry events.
- - Work closely with the Creative Director and manage pipeline of event
- assets including merchandise, branding and stand design requirements.
- - Support Field Marketing Managers with local events planning across APAC
- and, in time, Africa.
- - Track, record and report customer engagements across programmes and
- teams in a framework agreed by all internal parties.
- - Support collection of appropriate event-related data to assist in post-event
- evaluations and reporting.
Skills and experience
- - 8+ years corporate events planning and management experience in the high-
- tech industry.
- - Works well under pressure or in a high growth environment that is
- constantly changing.
- - Adept with using tools like Meetup and EventBrite through to third party
- conference planners.
- - Highly organised with an eye for detail and exemplary planning skills.
- - Open Source community events experience desirable.
- - Ability to stay ahead of trends and best practices for event planning and
- - Expert in managing projects across various, regionally distributed teams.
IOHK is an international organization aiming to change the global social imbalance of access to financial services. Our focus is on building a culture that nurtures open communications, big-thinking, and a sense of ownership. It is only through the diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures that our organization has come this far. True innovation hinges on bright minds with the ability to think outside the box, and beyond established constraints.
Who are IOHK? We are a Research driven Engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and block chains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations. We are a decentralized company that loves small innovative teams forming and executing ideas that cause cascading disruption.
We are expanding rapidly and are looking to grow all of our teams – please check out our current vacancies here www.iohk.io/careers - All roles are remote, have a look, make an application and let’s talk!
How to apply