Software Test Engineer - Automated & Manual
Input Output Hong Kong - "IOHK" — Company based in Remote
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
You will be responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution across all releases to the Cardano Platform. Working closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
A strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology is required. You will play a key role in development projects and be responsible for defining, tracking, coordinating and conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Reviewing and analyzing system specifications
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Execute and analysis automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Support technical services as escalation point for reported bugs.
- Experience with a functional programming language such as Haskell or another functional language would be very advantageous, but we will also consider experience with Python, Java or C#
- Blockchain Development experience is preferable but relevant technical experience is also considered, i.e you’ve worked in highly technical environments and have the ability to pick up new concepts and processes
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a core requirement
- Proven work experience in software development
- Working knowledge of test management software
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business focused
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
Who are IOHK? We are a Research driven Engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and block chains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations. We are a decentralized company that loves small innovative teams forming and executing ideas that cause cascading disruption.
We are expanding rapidly and are looking to grow all of our teams – please check out our current vacancies here www.iohk.io/careers - All roles are remote, have a look, make an application and let’s talk!
How to apply