madewithlove — Company based in Remote, worldwide
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
We are currently looking for a front-end engineer who can make complex systems understandable, who loves working according to the latest standards and takes pride in delivering nothing but high-quality code.
- You protect our company values in and outside the company walls and you politely speak out when they are not followed. You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
- You know where information can be found and actively search for it. You can think for yourself and challenge the information you find. You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment and you don't mind working on several projects simultaneously. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input. Once a group decision is made, you act as a team member by following the architecture, the processes and coding standards as agreed upon.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect of timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You can communicate clearly, taking into account who your audience is. You are always honest, sometimes brutally so, but you are aware of the situation and always stay polite. You know which is the right channel for each message or question.
- You are an expert in React.
- You know how to handle state, routing & side-effects with React.
- You have experience with build tools such as Webpack.
- You are keen on quality assurance and automatic testing.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you couldn't miss anymore.
- Your English must be very good, both oral and written. We still like accents though, but to a limited extent.
- You have experience with other front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular, Vue.js, Ember).
- You have experience with Typescript and/or Flow.
- You have a weak spot for performance & accessibility
- You have something valuable to add when discussing UI and/or UX matters.
- You have some experience with PHP.
- Conference stages feel like home to you.
- The open-source community treats you like a celebrity.
Nothing personal, but...
- You live and work in the range of time zone UTC-05:00 and UTC+03:00. Since we have already people working in these time zones, stretching it further to UTC+04:00 would make working together no longer efficient in our opinion.
We truly believe that the only way to do great work is to love what you do. Therefore, we only work on projects that are at the heart of our client’s business. Together with the client, we build digital products that will improve and grow their business. On top of that, we create the teams that drive these aspirations further.
We don’t content ourselves with the products our clients want; we develop the products we know they need. We love challenges. We bring new juice to projects that seem to jam and we have the heart and the stomach to bring the most complex projects to the finish line.
There’s just one thing we hate, and that’s hit and run. We keep on running till we hit it, and we help our client’s teams make sure the project keeps on running.
How to apply
Please visit https://madewithlove.be/jobs/ and apply via our website.