Meet & Engage — Company based in UK Tech
About the Development Team
We’ve developed a set of chat products including 1 to 1 live agent, group chat and chatbots and are looking to develop these products and expand this core technology into other services. The technology is proven, reliable and flexible and requires little technical support.
Our technology team comprises of a Senior developer based in Portugal, a front-end developer, and the CTO, both based in Leicester, England. We’d like to add a full-stack developer to this team, followed by more hires in 2020.
Everyone brings themselves to the team, we work collaboratively, and everyone has a voice and input into the development of our products. Pragmatic and commercially sensitive developers who are keen to improve the user experience and develop robust technology solutions are what we’re looking for.
The dev team and client services work closely to ensure we deliver excellent customer solutions and continue to develop the functionality of our products based on client requirements or market opportunities we wish to explore.
About the product
Our cloud-based platform provides a real-time, group or one-to-one moderated text-based chat, and a non-AI powered chatbot. These solutions are either hosted by us or embedded into the customer’s website using our plugin code. We provide the ability to use webinar-like functionality during the chat, sharing images, video (live and pre-recorded) and polls. Our customers use our platform to engage with candidates and employees at various stages of their recruitment process and early days employment – offering people the ability to see what a company is like before joining; providing a helpdesk to answers questions about their application, etc.
We then offer various APIs to our customers, to schedule and manage planned events; embed chat onto their own website; extract data gathered on the platform.
The platform is built with the following:
- Key modules: Express.js, Embeddedjs/EJS, ws, Passport
- PhantomJS for PDF generation, dynamic image rasterization
We also use the following as part of our wider hosting/platform environment:
- VMware vSphere servers
- HAproxy load balancing
- NGINX reverse proxy / caching; static asset serving; CDN
- Kurento for WebRTC to HLS
- FFmpeg for RTMP to HLS conversion
Day to day you’ll be…
- Working with the Technical Director, other developers and designers to build out the Meet & Engage product set.
- Having varied development responsibilities, spanning real-time comms (text, voice and video); web application development; working with NoSQL databases; RESTful APIs; MI and reporting
- Suggesting improvements and efficiencies
- Feeding into and influencing the product roadmap
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing code
- Creating and maintaining unit tests
- Supporting the business with customer support, issues and bugs when escalated
And you’ll be able to demonstrate…
- Experience developing responsive, cross-browser websites and web applications using HTML5 and CSS 3
- Ability to rigorously test across modern browsers and devices
- A proven industry track record or portfolio of work.
- Experience in design and implementation of low-latency, scalable applications
- Knowledge and familiarity with:
d) NoSQL databases (e.g Mongo)
- Proficiency in technical communication (written and verbal)
- Happiness to work collaboratively with the entire business
And if you have knowledge of…
- Linux sysadmin / deployment
…that would be marvellous.
- Remote working
- Competitive salary