DevOps Engineer (Remote, 20% Travel)
New Context Services — Company based in San Francisco, CA
New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company with offices in downtown Kansas City. We specialize in Lean Security: a methodology to consistently apply DevSecOps strategies, leading organizations to build better, safer software through hands-on technical and management consulting. We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information & Application Security. As a New Context DevOps Engineer, you will provide hands-on technical expertise. Our clients look to us to guide them to a solution that makes sense for them; you should expect to provide input to the design and implementation of that solution. Expect to heavily use Open Source software to take on challenges like delivery of highly secured containers, managing cloud infrastructure, and building kubernetes clusters. You will utilize our core methodologies - Agile, Lean, TDD and Pair Programming - to implement robust and reliable systems for our clients. We foster a tight-knit, highly-supportive environment where there are no stupid questions. Even if you may not know the answer immediately, you'll have the entire company supporting you via Slack, Zoom, or in-person. We also host a daily, all-company stand-up via Zoom, and a weekly company Retro, so you won't just be a name on an email. At New Context, our core values are Humility, Integrity, Quality & Passion! Our employees live these values every single day. Who you are:
- Technologist with 2+ years work experience in a Software Development, DevOps, SRE, or Continuous Integration role;
- Fluent in at least one high-level language, ideally Ruby and/or Python (but could be anything);
- Experienced in Open Source web technologies, especially Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, and/or the HashiCorp suite;
- An excellent communicator, able to deliver project status and explain technical elements to non-technical audiences;
- Able to think on your feet and learn quickly on-the-job in order to meet the expectations of our clients;
- A great teammate and a creative and independent thinker.
Bonus points if you are:
- Experienced with in-depth AWS administration;
- Happy and effective in a consulting role;
- Experienced working with external clients and customers
- A believer in automated tests and their role in software engineering;
- Able to translate complex concepts to business customers
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We are passionate about finding ways to attract, develop and retain the talent and unique viewpoints needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, because we believe that this diversity results in conversations which stimulate new and innovative ideas.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.