Senior Full Stack Engineer
Numerator — Company based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Job TitleSenior Full Stack Engineer
Numerator is looking for a passionate engineer with a deep desire to learn and excited around building web applications from the ground-up.
The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable across the stack knowing their way around server-side web frameworks, leveraging relational databases to get the job done, tweaking web servers, building cross-device UX & building scalable APIs in Python (or other web languages). We believe that web experiences are the future, and we're building a team that has deep engineering experience to take on some of the most ambitious projects.
To help accomplish this goal, you will have the environment to execute on your vision, the tools you need to rapidly iterate through your ideas and a dedicated team to help make you and your work better. In addition to writing quality software, we're looking for individuals who also enjoy the other aspects of building a new company: designing features, making good product decisions, programming at all levels of the stack, and the wearing of many hats.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience with server-side development, especially Python
- 2+ years experience in UI frameworks React, Ember, Angular
- Solid understanding of REST and building scalable APIs
- Solid understanding of writing SQL and transactional databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience developing, releasing, and supporting backend code
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience working with modern web frameworks (Django, React, Tornado)
- Familiarity with message-oriented architectures (Celery, RabbitMQ)
- Deployed environments in Amazon Web Services
- Experience working with high traffic web or mobile applications
About the Company
Numerator is a market intelligence firm that brings together omnichannel marketing, merchandising and sales data to make pursuing new possibilities simple for brand, retail and agency clients. Owned by Vista Equity Partners, Numerator is the only company in the marketplace to connect omnichannel purchase data (powered by the InfoScout OmniPanel) and comprehensive path data to deliver an unmatched view of the consumer shopping and purchase experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.