Senior Software Engineer in Test
Olo — Company based in New York, NY
Do you love to eat? Are you passionate about testing and technology? At Olo, Test Engineers create code-based testing solutions for teams. We work as embedded testers, meaning that we are full, collaborative, members of feature teams. We are responsible for driving the quality culture on our teams as well as helping teams derive technical solutions for hard-to-test problems.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you’ll work with developers and QA Engineers to prevent defects and performance issues through testing and automation. This includes a variety of testing activities, not just updating or building frameworks, but whatever is needed to cast a wide quality net.
We believe testing is a craft requiring training and skill. We invest in our employees. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves, and challenge each other to grow. We encourage collaboration, leadership, and mentorship.
You can work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than two-thirds of our engineering team is remote.
- Collaborating with developers and product owners:
- Contributing to planning and design
- Reviewing product code
- Formulating test scenarios
- Measuring and monitoring quality of production code
- Planning and developing test automation frameworks
- Automating test scenarios using the frameworks
- Knowing and using design patterns where appropriate
- Setting up infrastructure to run tests
- Creating and managing test data
- Setting up dashboards/alerts for reporting test results in real time
- Teaching others good quality and testing practices
- Communicating test strategies, results, and how-tos in writing
- Identifying and developing tools to assist manual and exploratory testing
- You have recent hands-on system, end-to-end, load, performance and integration test experience for APIs and services
- You could write production code, but you prefer to excel at automated test solutions
- You’ve worked in a .NET shop before
- You are test-savvy and can talk knowledgeably about the latest new approaches to test automation
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can articulate a test strategy
- You’re a critical, creative thinker who keeps the big picture in mind
- You are tech-savvy and are comfortable with AWS infrastructure, CI tools, and containerization
- You’re comfortable with pair development/testing or mob development/testing
- You reside in the US and have a legal right to work in the U.S.
Olo is the on-demand interface for the restaurant industry, powering digital ordering and delivery for over 250 restaurant brands. Olo’s enterprise-grade software powers every stage of the digital restaurant transaction, from fully-branded user interfaces to the back-of-house order management features that keep the kitchen running smoothly. Orders from Olo are injected seamlessly into existing restaurant systems to help brands capture demand from on-demand channels such as branded website and apps, third-party marketplaces, social media channels, and personal assistant devices like the Amazon Echo. Olo is a pioneer in the industry, beginning with text message ordering on mobile feature phones in 2005. Today, millions of consumers use Olo to order ahead (SKIP THE LINE®) or get meals delivered from the restaurants they love. Customers include Applebee’s, Chili’s, Chipotle, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Red Robin, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more.
Olo’s office is located at One World Trade Center in Manhattan. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!