Application Security Engineer
Ring — Company based in Anywhere in US
Ring.com is looking for an Application Security Engineer, who has a background in penetration testing web application technologies, mobile applications, thick clients & micro services. This role is intended to help developers create hardened applications to ensure the best in class security for Ring customers. The candidate should be able to provide guidance in development best practices, support in software architecture and design, configuration hardening, and privacy. In addition, candidate should be able to build, compile, and run applications across all platforms, from source code.
- Will be responsible to work with the development teams across Ring and embed security best practices into the software development life cycle.
- Will audit, review, and perform security code reviews of various software languages both for mobile and web applications.
- Will perform both SAST and DAST security assessments of software releases in the SDLC.
- Will design and maintain continuous integration (Jenkins), mobile build tools, unit testing and automation testing.
- Will assist in designing QA security test cases.
- Will report regular statistics on security remediation efforts.
- Will use software technologies such as Splunk to analyze mobile application and web request logs, to perform user behavior analytics.
- Will develop standard guidelines and security policy as it related to mobile and web application security best practices.
- Provide security consultation for Bluetooth Stack, Wifi, and Camera management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience performing mobile application security assessments.
- Experience leading small teams and participating in project planning.
- Complete understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Ability to work with web service APIs.
- Understanding of formats such as JSON, as well as XML and YAML markup languages.
- Experience using Linux, Mac and/or Windows operating systems.
- Experience with software development principles like data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification.
- Knowledge of Oauth2, SAML, and general IDP technologies.
- Custom security framework abstractions for mobile application technologies.
- Experience leading small teams and mentoring junior staff in an open and positive manner
- Strong background and understanding of the Android and iOS SDKs.
- Experience on Embedded Linux Device Drivers for ARM based devices.
- Experience with data analysis solutions and SQL engines.
- History of build, and automation engineering and design.
- Understanding of AWS cloud compute architectures and micro-services.
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percentdecrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age