Remote Full Stack .Net Developer Who Enjoys More Than Just Coding
Rio IT Ltd — Company based in Colchester, UK
This is an exciting opportunity for someone living in the UK and wanting to work remotely (although you're welcome to use our office whenever you want).
You will be responsible for delivering high quality, readable and maintainable solutions that meet or exceed the customer's requirements and are completed on time and within budget. You'll also be committed to bringing Rio software to the next level of performance, resiliency, stability and supportability.
Almost all of the projects we work on are some form of web application and therefore as a full stack developer, you'll be as comfortable writing complex SQL queries as you are styling pages with CSS or making them more dynamic with React components.
We're a client facing business and so you will need to communicate with customers over various channels including face to face. Customer relationships are very important to us and keeping customers informed of progress and helping them to define the requirements are just as important as the code itself.
Software development for us isn't just about writing new code, we support systems that we've written for many years after development on them has completed so you should be kind of person that gets job satisfaction from fixing bugs or adding features to existing projects as much as you do from working on greenfield projects.
We work remotely yet we collaborate a lot so you'll be expected to help others to complete their work and seek help from others when you need it too. This extends to an ongoing commitment to learning, with old and new technologies willingly learned as necessary to perform well in the role and new knowledge keenly shared with your colleagues.
- 5 years+ working with .NET (C#) in a web application context (including .NET Core)
- 5 years+ working with SQL (MSSQL or MySQL/MariaDB preferred)
- 5 years+ working with common front-end technologies
- Collaboration – Leverage our collective genius, be a team.
- Transparency – Be real. Treat the client's money as your own.
- Accountability – Recognise that if it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion – Show commitment in heart and mind
- Advocacy – Earn trust and demonstrate integrity
- Quality – Ensure what we do, we do well.