User Interface Designer
SitePen — Company based in Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Anywhere in the United States
As a User Interface Designer at SitePen, you’ll create user-centered designs for a variety of complex web and native enterprise applications from concept to launch. Alongside our growing team of designers, you’ll work with our customers to deliver meaningful experiences to their end-users. You’ll conduct user research, collaborate on business goals and technical limitations, and provide clear visual solutions to the rest of the team.
This position requires a well-organized, seasoned professional who is patient, flexible and has the ability to adapt to changing business requirements and priorities.
- Elicit requirements from key stakeholders to flesh out entire applications
- Conduct thorough discovery activities to map big-picture scope as a starting point for agile design methodology
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create user flows, journeys, and stories for new applications
- Work with customers to improve and modernize interaction designs (and no, “burn it all down and start over” doesn’t count)
- Create clean, organized, wireframes and mockups with varying degrees of interactivity as needed
- Understand the principles of clean, modern design and have the ability to provide feedback to others as well as utilize those principles in your own work
- 4+ years in interaction design which we define as the interaction, via an interface, between a system and its user while incorporating information design (defined as how the information is presented within such a system to enable the user to best understand that information)
- Additional 3+ years in User Interface Design. That doesn’t mean 3 years of reskinning Wordpress templates and making cute images for social media. 2+ years of solid, user-focused application design
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Axure, the Adobe Suite, InVision, and other industry-standard design tools
Your Skills and Attributes
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Must have a positive, outgoing attitude — save the drama for your momma
- Highly motivated and a creative problem solver
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to translate projects from concept to completion with minimal oversight
- Relentless high standards and high attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time while meeting deadlines and project expectations
You'll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States.
A highly competitive salary, plus great benefits.
Apply: Heads Up! Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.