DevOps Engineer | Ansible
techfolk on behalf of SNOMED International — Company based in London
At SNOMED International we develop the world’s most comprehensive clinical terminology, benefiting healthcare and clinical advancement worldwide - our product, SNOMED CT, is an important part of the eHealthcare ecosystems of 34 member nations. We also provide open source tools and services that support the global SNOMED community. Our geographically distributed technical team includes software engineers, ops and tooling engineers.
Guided by our Tooling Services Manager and, collaborating with our Senior DevOps Engineer, your role is to: provide automation to help these engineers deliver well; run the CI environments; support the cloud based infrastructure of SNOMED International, its services and internal users; to explore new technology; and to help us establish our DevOps function as a modern, efficient and robust service which provides effective solutions as we grow.
This is a challenging and fast-paced environment, working with people who embrace change and share your desire to use technology effectively and to find better ways of working. We offer progression within DevOps, or a possible future transition into software engineering if that's where your strengths are.
Upcoming projects in the team
- - Migrating and consolidating our services to a single cloud provider, AWS
- Architecting for future serverless infrastructure - implementing Consul.io
- Automating the orchestration of services in our products
- - Practice and process improvement around our deployment pipeline, enabling our development and ops teams to work effectively
- - Making our containers available to downstream services outside of the organisation
- - Creating innovative ways to leverage the power of available AWS technologies
We're looking for
- - Someone flexible and who works inclusively in a distributed team
- - A self-starter, who thrives on autonomy
- - A methodical, automation-oriented approach and strong troubleshooting skills
- - Proven DevOps experience, adept with: Ansible, Jenkins, AWS, Git, Unix/Linux stack
- - An appreciation of good policy and clear documentation
- - Skills or interests in deploying cloud hosted environments, Java based solutions and LXD/Docker containerised applications
- - Someone ready for mid level DevOps Engineer jobs such as: Ansible Administrator | AWS Administrator | Cloud Administrator | Cloud Engineer | DevOps Engineer | Infrastructure Engineer | Site Reliability Engineer etc.
Our current systems run - we'll help you get up to speed
- Ansible | Jenkins | AWS | Git | Nexus | Ubuntu | MySQL/PostgreSQL| Atlassian suite; JIRA, Confluence, Crowd etc. | Google for Work | user hardware and software (MacBooks, OSX, Office 365 etc.) | LXD/Docker | AWS RDS Aurora | Elasticsearch | Java | ontologies and description logic | AI and big data
Salary and benefits
- - £40,000 – £50,000 or equivalent
- - 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays | discretionary home office setup assistance | laptop | expenses
Start date: asap, by the start of October 2018
SNOMED International is a non-profit clinical terminology standards organisation with 30 member countries worldwide. We seek to improve the health of humankind by fostering the development and use of suitable standardised clinical terminologies, notably the SNOMED CT product, in order to support safe, accurate, and effective exchange of clinical and related health information. The focus is on enabling the implementation of semantically accurate health records that are interoperable. www.snomed.org
Located: home based (within two hours' travel of UK), with regular expensed trips to London for team meetings