Remote: Senior Project Manager and Chief Software & Web Architect
Techterran — Company based in North Carolina, USA
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
Techterran is a startup in the space of AI and medicine. We have built a diverse multidisciplinary team and are looking for a project manager to fill a key role in the design, construction, testing, maintenance and integration of our applications. Our team is dedicated to creating smart software that solves some of the complex problems in medicine that we face today.
This is a foundational role in an early startup and candidate will be working closely with the Co-founders and Board of Advisors.
Applicants should have solid computer science and programming fundamentals, experience combining multiple technology components into working systems, and experience writing inherently intuitive software programs with significant database and server aspects.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with Co-founders and cross-functional teams to build performant applications, and act as chief software architect.
- Build compelling data exploration workflows utilizing a variety of technologies: RDBMS, noSQL, parallel processing frameworks.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Perform technical reviews and audits of the application, provide feedback through code reviews and merge requests.
General Required Competencies:
- Ability to provide technical leadership around the chosen platform and an ability to guide and lead a team through future platform decisions. Ability to provide constructive technical feedback to Co-founders, team members, and mentorship when needed.
- Can manage workflow, teams and milestones remotely.
- Excellent organization and prioritization abilities – project scoping and estimation experience to ensure features can be completed within given time frames; pragmatic approach to software design and planning.
- You grok new material quickly and thrive in a fast paced development environment.
- You are a self-starter, confident, creative, an effective communicator and a team player.
- You enjoy a development process that supports rapid feedback and agile response.
- You love the work you do and want to work with similarly passionate people.
- You are pragmatic and can estimate/scope to deliver software on time with quality.
- You write testable and maintainable software and are serious about software quality.
- You have strong opinions about software structure but understand the value of consensus.
Time Allocation: both
- Backend (RDBMS / API / Server) development
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Applicants with healthcare-IT experience and motivated to join a new startup is a huge plus for us.
- Cross-functional team building and management.
- B.S.in computer science/related field or equivalent experience is acceptable.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns.
- Proficiency with a JVM language (Kotlin, Java, etc.).
- Proficiency using RDBMS effectively (MySQL or RDS).
- Experience with RESTful API design and best practice.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with Angular.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with event and queue-based architecture.
- Experience with Salt, Chef, or other devops frameworks.
- Experience using a distributed version control tool and Maven.
- Community or open source involvement.
- Some cool projects that you’d love to show off.
How to apply