Senior Consultant - Full Stack Java Developer (Remote in Northern VA area)
TeraThink Corporation — Company based in Reston, VA
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
Who Are We?
TeraThink has celebrated over 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and transformative consulting services to the federal government. We specialize in information technology and management consulting that has a purpose and makes a difference. Our teams are focused on providing exceptional service and solving our clients’ toughest challenges.
Our leadership team has a vast amount of experience and boasts a highly successful track record of delivering results within their respective solution areas and industries. Each leader adheres to a “lead by the way you want to be led” philosophy, which emphasizes transparency and open-door approachability.
Who Are We Looking For?
At TeraThink, we put our employees first and we expect nothing but your best in return. Our company believes in the importance of growth, passion, character, and of course - fun! Our positive work environment encourages team members to find enjoyable and challenging work in order to bring out the best in each individual. We look for dedicated team members who want to be a part of growing this incredible company. The best candidates are those who always look to go above and beyond and challenge themselves to achieve more each day.
Sound Like You?
Do you want to excel in your career and enjoy what you do? Then come join our growing team of brilliant professionals at TeraThink.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Full-Stack Java Developer will have the opportunity to work in the Lorton, VA office and telecommute ("work from home") on assigned days. As such, the candidate must be based in the Lorton, Springfield, Falls Church, Ashburn VA areas.
As a Senior Consultant - Software Engineer, you will do the following:
- Be a key member of a high performing agile scrum team.
- Contribute to massive cloud federal systems modernization programs.
- Develop mission-critical full-stack Java-based applications in a Unix/Linux and Windows environment.
- Monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Use JIRA and the scrum process to effectively communicate with your team and project leadership.
What We’re Looking For:
- Per client requirements, must be a US Citizen who can obtain a DHS public trust clearance.
- Bachelor's or above in Computer Science, Information technology or related technologies.
- A skilled developer with 3 to 5 years experience building Java solutions (including Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate) and Spring Boot applications.
- Experience with Oracle Database technologies and/or Web Application hosting on WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Experience developing and consuming RESTFUL web services for an operational/production environment.
- Experience developing cloud-ready or cloud-native applications for AWS cloud.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as React, Angular JS, Angular 2, node.JS, responsive and mobile design, and cross browser development.
- Prior experience operating in an Agile environment, and ability to articulate basic understanding of Agile and Scrum as a Team Member.
- Experience with Agile toolsets, such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment.
What We'd Like to See:
- Experience with mySQL or Cassandra DB.
- Ability to task manage and communicate effectively with project staff.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills.
Why TeraThink is a Great Place to Work
We love coming to work every day. Our benefits and work-life balance provide employees with much more than just the essentials – they keep us happy in and outside of work.
A health insurance plan is provided at no cost for employees.
Employees enjoy federal holidays off in addition to 18 days of Paid Time Off (20 days after 2 years of service, 25 days after 5 years of service).
Our 401k is at a 4% match on a 5% contribution – which has immediate vesting because we want you to stay here because you love it – not for an invested 401k match. And we know you will love it!
Visit the Benefits page for a full list of benefits offered by TeraThink.
In addition to a top-notch benefits package, we host outings at The National Zoo, “Escape Room,” Top Golf, and holiday parties with swanky themes such as Casino Night. Our employees are also provided the opportunity to enjoy numerous perks such as:
- Multiple high-definition TVs at our offices with plentiful snacks to enjoy in the café areas
- Breakaway activities such as foosball, darts, and shuffle board
- TeraThink sponsored FitBit and steps challenges, with prizes
- Quarterly shipments of snack boxes to our employees working on client site
- Season tickets to local sports teams
- Cell phone and commuter reimbursements
We also embrace recognition as a way to showcase the great work that takes place at our company each day. As a way of shining light on our hard-working employees, we often provide gift cards for achieving major project milestones, attaining personal certifications, or as a thank you for employees who give back to the community.
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
We focus on encouraging constant learning, growth and innovation, and support Communities of Practice so that team members can dedicate time to learning new tools or solutions as while as getting to know employees on other projects. We provide each employee with an annual contribution amount to use towards learning and growth. We also encourage our team to participate in our TeraThink blog and share our knowledge with various communities of learning.
We strive to provide our employees, whether on client site or in our internal offices, with the best possible work experience. We keep a pulse on our team by sending out frequent micro-surveys that allow team members to provide feedback and thoughts. This frequent feedback allows our agile company to make changes and continue to adjust in any areas to provide team members with the best TeraThink.
Whether it is our events, benefits and perks, open communication, culture of recognition and growth; we want team members to be happy and fulfilled in their careers at TeraThink. Our future is you.
TeraThink is a proud EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Since 2002, our award-winning team at TeraThink has provided digital transformation services to guide federal government agencies into cloud, platform, and as-a-service technologies.
How to apply
To apply for Senior Consultant - Full Stack Java Developer, please visit - https://bit.ly/2pltm2i