- What information we collect about you
- How we use information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- How we share information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- Other privacy information
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us. For example, we may collect personal identification information when you register on the site, post a Job advertisement, subscribe to the newsletter, or fill out a form. You may be asked for, as appropriate: name, email address, employer name, employer location, job title, and billing information.
You may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You may always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your connection to our Site, such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized, and your IP address(es).
How we use collected information
Remotely Awesome Jobs may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize your experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To process payments: We may use the information you provide about yourself when posting a job advertisement only to provide private service to that advertisement. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send you information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your account. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include pertinent job posts, company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Users who live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, may have additional privacy rights available under applicable laws. Remotely Awesome Jobs will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights you should contact email@example.com to have requests considered in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data provided to Us.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of pertinent Personal Data that We hold.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that our Site stop processing Personal Data and/or to stop sending marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require Remotely Awesome Jobs to correct their Personal Data.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the Data Controller is Ceres Logic LLC, a limited liability corporation registered in the state of Maine in the United States of America.
International transfers (particularly for EEA users or similar international areas)
Due to the global nature of Remotely Awesome Jobs, your personal data will be transferred to servers located in other countries, including outside the European Economic Area. These other countries may either have different data protection laws than your country of residence or they may not have data protection laws. Steps will however be taken to put in place safeguards (including around security) to protect your personal data when it is in other countries.
Your personal information may be transferred, stored and processed in one or more countries outside the European Economic Area, including the United States of America. For transfers of your personal data to third parties outside of the EEA, we take additional steps in line with data protection laws. These include EU Commission approved forms of contract with the relevant recipients of your information. In addition, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the Acts and the GDPR.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
How long we will keep your information
Unless requested to delete your information imeediately, we will keep your information for up to 90 days beyond a request to unsubscribe from the service. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information.
Other Privacy Information
Web browser cookies
Third party websites
You may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.